We believe that all our pupils should be given the best chance to do well in life. We know that coming to school on time, every day, is important if your child is to get the best start. There is a clear link between good attendance and good results, and we want to work together with you to achieve this by:
- Encouraging all pupils to arrive on time, ready to learn
- Talking to each other if there is a problem causing your child to miss school
- Recognising and rewarding good attendance
- Encouraging you to play a vital role in supporting our school and helping your child to succeed
- Working with school to achieve our attendance target
Our target for attendance this year is 95%
HOLIDAYS IN TERM TIME
Children between the ages of 5 and 16 are not legally entitled to holidays in term time. We would ask that you consider the impact of your child missing time from school, even at a young age. It can prove difficult to settle a child after any absence, particularly a holiday. S/he will have missed valuable learning and may find difficulty making friends again after a long absence. Parents/carers can receive a fine for taking their child out of school for a holiday.
- If you intend to take your child on holiday in term time please ensure that you have informed school. You should read the Local Authority ’ Exceptional Leave in Term Time’ policy’ available at school or at sheffield.gov.uk and complete a term time leave request for leave in exceptional circumstances form explaining why you are doing so
- The Head teacher can only authorise a holiday under exceptional circumstances, there is no automatic right to take leave
- Any parent taking a child out of school without authorisation is liable to receive a fixed Penalty Notice fine of £60 (per parent/carer) payable within 21 days. If unpaid the fine increases to £120 with a further 7 days to pay and, if still unpaid, a summons is issued for the unpaid fine.