Waterthorpe NI School fully recognise their responsibilities for Safeguarding.
We have adopted the Sheffield Safeguarding Board agreed policies and procedures.
The main elements to our policy are to:
- Ensure we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raise awareness of Safeguarding issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Develop and then implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Support pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed Safeguarding plan.
- Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Please click here for important Safeguarding message: Snapchat
IT’S EVERYONE’S BUSINESS!
We all have a statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Sheffield Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) have developed a website to provide easily accessible and up-to-date safeguarding information for professionals, and for children, young people, families and members of the public.
Click on the link below for more info:
‘Keep Them Safe’ – Raising Awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation
The Sheffield Safeguarding Children Board would strongly encourage all parents, carers and anyone who has contact with children and young people to undertake this short e-Learning course – it will give you the information that you need to help recognise the signs of sexual exploitation and how to respond if you are concerned.
Click on the link below for immediate access to the course: